Re: [E-devel] Larger diff against CVS concernig autofoo and debian/*

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:59:36 +0200 Jakob Haufe <sur5r@gmx.de> babbled:

> On 21.10.2006 03:57, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >
> > a lot os stuff there - and on an initial scan over them i'd reject about
> > 50% of what i see so far (cvs already fixed, weird version changes, changes
> > in /etc location that don't match up with how verbatim autofoo end up
> > installing the files,  ...)
>
> I suppose the version change you mention is the strange "1:" in the
> enlightenment package. The problem is the version of e16 in the debian,
> which has this "1:". So dpkg always thinks, that e17 is older than e16

oh = hoorray for packaging stupidity. at no point in e's past release history
have we actually broken versions and not incremented a version numerically from
the previous one - there just is no need to use debian's epoch.
fan-bloody-tastic. :(

> :(
>
> The changes of /etc stuff in debian/rules are due to the list of files
> in debian/*.{install,files}. They look for the /etc-files in
> debian/tmp/etc, so they are not found when they sit in debian/tmp/usr/etc.

last i built deb packages the src installed files went to
debaind/tmp/usr/etc/... so you are doing extra patching somewhere... to make
them install from the src build in etc instead of usr/etc

well i don't think i can put this in - as i know it will break package builds.
other patches for core efl and e are in (well some of them or some parts). :)