Re: [E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:59:43 +0200 Nikolas Arend <Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:14:21 +0200 Nikolas Arend <Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net>
> > babbled:

> >> I don't have the time atm to get deeper into this, so I can't add
> >> anything valuable to this thread and the solution. But I too used
> >> bytecode hinting with my self-compiled ft2 2.2.1 and enlightenment cvs
> >> on FC4 not so long ago. Now (since a few revisions) the bytecode option
> >> is greyed out. That means ft2 seems to be able to do bytecode hinting,
> >> so probably s.th. has changed in e/EFL.
> >>
> >> Cheers,  Nick.
> >>

> > works here on debian and ubunutu. the code in evas looks right. and it works
> > here. since you are compiling and installing your own ft2's i can only
> > surmise something is wrong with your install of ft2 and how it reports if
> > it can do bytecode or not.
> >

> But since it worked before with the very same ft2 install, there is
> supposed to be a change in how enlightenment checks whether ft2 can do
> bytecode hinting (or is willing to ;-). Maybe that can help to get to
> the bottom of this problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's e's fault.

yes there is. before it didnt' check at all - it just blindly assumed ft2 can
do bytecode hinting. now that ft2 has a function to ask it since ft 2.2 tilman
added code to use that function. check the code i pointed to and included
before. it looks perfectly fine and does work here.