Re: [E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:14:21 +0200 Nikolas Arend <Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net>
babbled:

Massimo Maiurana wrote:
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman), il 18/10/2006 00:57, scrisse:

see the above - add a printf and see what that func actually returns - but
i bet you it is saying that it DOESNT do patented hinting.
ok, I'll try recompiling freetype first, but I would like to know
how your ft2 is configured.
in my ftoption.h I see these options commented:
/* #define  FT_EXPORT(x)       extern x */
/* #define  FT_EXPORT_DEF(x)   x */

could it be my problems are related to this?
also, in tt driver configuration I see this undefined:
#undef TT_CONFIG_OPTION_COMPONENT_OFFSET_SCALED

should I define it?

can you send me your ftoption.h so that I can see what are the
differences between yours and mine?

I don't have the time atm to get deeper into this, so I can't add anything valuable to this thread and the solution. But I too used bytecode hinting with my self-compiled ft2 2.2.1 and enlightenment cvs on FC4 not so long ago. Now (since a few revisions) the bytecode option is greyed out. That means ft2 seems to be able to do bytecode hinting, so probably s.th. has changed in e/EFL.

Cheers,  Nick.

works here on debian and ubunutu. the code in evas looks right. and it works
here. since you are compiling and installing your own ft2's i can only surmise
something is wrong with your install of ft2 and how it reports if it can do
bytecode or not.

But since it worked before with the very same ft2 install, there is supposed to be a change in how enlightenment checks whether ft2 can do bytecode hinting (or is willing to ;-). Maybe that can help to get to the bottom of this problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't say it's e's fault.

Best,   Nick.