Re: [E-devel] building with automake-1.10

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:51:42 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> babbled:

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 17:20, Michael Jennings wrote:
Mike Frysinger wrote:
in this case, the error is informative ... the makefiles are
[incorrectly] trying to use GNU makism's in otherwise portable code
That's not the problem.  The problem is that automake 1.10 is
[incorrectly] (sic) counting as an error what is more properly a
warning and for what previously didn't even generate *that*.
actually we're both wrong

the error is this:
configure.in:152: required file `./config.rpath' not found

which to me smells of an autofoo problem as this would be something
auto-generated by autoconf (or a combination of automake macros for autoconf
etc.) etc. definitely not something we need to supply.

the warnings are these:
configure.in:8: installing `./missing'
configure.in:8: installing `./install-sh'
po/Makefile.am:6: addsuffix .mo,$(ALL_LINGUAS: non-POSIX variable name
po/Makefile.am:6: (probably a GNU make extension)
po/Makefile.am:8: addsuffix .po,$(ALL_LINGUAS: non-POSIX variable name
po/Makefile.am:8: (probably a GNU make extension)
po/Makefile.am:10: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
src/bin/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
-mike

Not sure but I think there was a similar problem in e16 ages ago. IIRC it was solved by changing the order of things in autogen.sh to

autopoint ...
aclocal ...
autoconf ...
autoheader ...