Re: [E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman), il 17/10/2006 03:54, scrisse:

>> the version of freetype is 2.2.1, and indeed
>> in/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/ftmodapi.h I see these lines: FT_EXPORT
>> ( FT_TrueTypeEngineType )FT_Get_TrueType_Engine_Type( FT_Library  library );
>
> so the eature is ythere - and it is seemingly reporting that ft2 cannot do
> bytecode hinting - thus no option to do it.

but ft2 *CAN* surely do bytecode hinting, I'm pretty sure about this
because:
1) my previous installations of enlightenment used bytecode hinting
and the font looked better
2) in /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config/ftoption.h there is
"#define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER"

why ft2 should say it's unable to do bytecode?
am I the only one facing this problem?
is there a piece of code somewhere I could use to see what
FT_Get_TrueType_Engine_Type returns?

--
       Massimo Maiurana         massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
       http://massimo.solira.org       GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa
alla libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali....