Re: [E-devel] "add shelf" to the main menu

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:45:11 +0300 Виктор Кожухаров <vkojouharov@gmail.com>
babbled:

> В пн, 2006-10-16 в 16:25 -0400, Christopher Michael написа:
> It just seems more natural that someone would try grabbing an icon, and
> placing it where other icons appear. From this point of view, the menu
> item indeed does appear to be wasting space. That's why it just seems to
> me, that while the menu is useful now that the dragging has been
> disabled (I guess until onefang finishes up his desktop stuff), it might
> not look so important in the future.

1. dnd to ibar does work. i just did so dragging a firefox icon into ibar from
the border.
2. a lot of people don't KNOW you can do it - so adding a menu to the border
menu saying "add to..." is a helpful ui feature to make it easier when people
ask "how do i add app X to my ibar?". it simply tries to make another way of
doing it obvious. dnd is NOT obvious. it is implicit and handy.