Re: [E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman), il 16/10/2006 01:11, scrisse:

>> my freetype installation was built from sources because the
>> slackware package did not provide bytecode hinting.
>> any chance this will be fixed in the future, or should I change
>> something on my system?
>
> what version of freetype? does it have FT_Get_TrueType_Engine_Type in its
> headers? basically as of ft 2.2 they added this call and it lets u runtime
> properly detect if ft2 can do bytecode hinting or not.

the version of freetype is 2.2.1, and indeed in
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/ftmodapi.h I see these lines:

FT_EXPORT( FT_TrueTypeEngineType )
FT_Get_TrueType_Engine_Type( FT_Library  library );

I'm pretty sure that directory is in the include paths when
compiling evas, here is a line from the compiler output:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I. -I../../../src/lib
-I../../../src/lib/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/opt/e17/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

and indeed I've always had bytecode hinting since I built this
version of freetype.

what else can I do?

I've also noticed that nothing went compiled in e/src/lib; is this
correct?

--
       Massimo Maiurana         massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
       http://massimo.solira.org       GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa
alla libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali....