Re: [E-devel] "add shelf" to the main menu

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:39:40 -0400 Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > hmm both are good. but the lft ends up cluttering the main menu up more. i
> > think we want both - but the "Shelves" submenu needs to maybe go into
> > another submenu. we need to reshuffle i think. the Desktops menu is a little
> > "underused" i think with edge flip, a pager and keybindings - it is a little
> > redundant. i'm not saying get rid of it, but maybe Dektops (rename to
> > Desktop) can now hold a shelves submenu then put the current desktops
> > submenu contents in a "Virtual" submenu of "Desktops" and move show./hide
> > up to the Desktop menu. also might add a "Configure" menu item to the menu
> > with "Desktop 1" etc. etc. etc. in (the named desktops). which reminds
> > me... we need a gui to configure desktop names... in the virtual desktop
> > config (and display them too)
> >
> > main->Fav
> >       Applications
> >       Run
> >       -----
> >       Desktop -> Virtual -> Desktop 1
> >                  Shelves -> ...
> >                  -----
> >                  Show/Hide All...
>  From what I gathered, your looking for something like these:
>
> http://devilhorns.us/images/menu1.png
> http://devilhorns.us/images/menu2.png
>
> Yes ??

almost - except its "Configure Virtual Desktops" not just This desktop" (and it
just brings up the virtual desktops config dialog - just another convenient
entry point to get to the config dialog)