Re: [E-devel] "add shelf" to the main menu

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:48:48 -0400 Christopher Michael <cpmichael1@comcast.net>
babbled:

> Hannes Janetzek wrote:
>
> > i would go with the second one, as i don´t like to many too many items
> > in the main menu, especially when they are seldom used, for aesthetical
> > and practical reasons.
> >
> But how do you determine seldom used ? Me for instance, I never use the
> Desktops menu item (for switching)...does that mean it's seldom used and
> should be removed? Not necessarily because others may use it.
>
> > just a quick idea, what about having it like this?
> >
> > config -> shelves -> configure shelves (the old dialog)
> >                                      shelf 1
> >                                      shelf 2  (for fast selection, if
> >                                                    one wants to change
> >                                                     only one shelf)
> >
> IMHO, nested too deep and a pita to get to. Would be just as easy to
> launch config panel and goto shelves.

aye. the idea of it was to make it obvious and easily seen - after a few
questions of "i deleted my shelf - how do i add one back?" i thought it might
be good to add a more easily found menu item somewhere for that. they didn't
connect the idea that the shelves config dialog might do it (or that it even
exists)