Re: [E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:31:09 +0200 Massimo Maiurana <maiurana@gmail.com>
babbled:

> David Seikel, il 15/10/2006 19:38, scrisse:
>
> >> just rebuilt my e17 installation and found that bytecode hinting is
> >> not available anymore :(
> >> my freetype installation hasn't changed lately and I've always used
> >> bytecode in the last 2/3 months, now in the font configuration
> >> dialog the bytecode radio button is greyed out (though still
> >> selected).
> >
> > There was a recent change to how the existence of bytecode hinting is
> > detected.  It's hard to detect, as the way some distros put things
> > together they end up lieing about it.
>
> my freetype installation was built from sources because the
> slackware package did not provide bytecode hinting.
> any chance this will be fixed in the future, or should I change
> something on my system?

what version of freetype? does it have FT_Get_TrueType_Engine_Type in its
headers? basically as of ft 2.2 they added this call and it lets u runtime
properly detect if ft2 can do bytecode hinting or not.