[E-devel] bytecode hinting and desktop files

just rebuilt my e17 installation and found that bytecode hinting is
not available anymore :(
my freetype installation hasn't changed lately and I've always used
bytecode in the last 2/3 months, now in the font configuration
dialog the bytecode radio button is greyed out (though still selected).

also, many system .desktop files contains entries for localization
purposes (something like "Name[it]=...") to use in place of the
default one, but in e's menus they're always displayed with english
text.
shouldn't it take into account the entry which matches the current
locale settings?

--
       Massimo Maiurana         massimo<at>ragusa.linux.it
       http://massimo.solira.org       GPG keyID #7044D601

Articolo 11 - L'Italia ripudia la guerra come strumento di offesa
alla libertà degli altri popoli e come mezzo di risoluzione delle
controversie internazionali....