Re: [E-devel] Evas fb engine failure

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:31:19 +0200 "Jorge Luis Zapata Muga"
<jorgeluis.zapata@gmail.com> babbled:

> On 10/6/06, jose_ogp@juno.com <jose_ogp@juno.com> wrote:
> >
> >         Nathan writes:
> >
> > > I received a bug report from Lutin on #edevelop today that
> > > indicated that evas would not build on PPC linux with the FB
> > > engine enabled because PAGE_MASK is not defined.
> > >
> >         I thought that Jorge (aka. turran) was going to do some
> > work on the evas fb engine, and also ecore_fb, but don't know if
> > he's had a chance to get to that or not.
>
> yeah i do have plans for it, but with the changes on the way evas
> engines will behave, i prefer to not touch it before those changes.
> btw a little offtopic, but now that the premul stuff is in, isnt a
> good time to continue thinking/start coding the next evas?

the next? or simply fixing at least anything in evas's api and behavior so - if
we in the FUTURE go and remove all the internals and replace them, applications
won't break? if we can make sure we are so close to an "unbreakable api" (or at
least will not break with the changes we want to make) then we can quietly do
such changes in the background at any time.

i think our focus should be on laying the groundwork for any such breaks now -
break the api now - add the start of apis for things like getting/setting image
colorspace (yuv, rgb, etc.)