Re: [E-devel] Quality of svg icons in E17

Hello,

On 10/8/06, Daniel Kasak <dan@entropy.homelinux.org> wrote:
Hi all.

I can't be sure about this, but I *think* the quality of icons based
on svg images has dropped recently. If I make an application icon
based on a png file, when I put it in the bar and point at it ( with the
darkness theme, that zooms icons when you point at the ), it
scales up quite well - ie looks very smooth. But if I do the same
thing with an svg image, it looks fine in it's default state, but when
I point at it and it scales up, it gets a little hairy. Perhaps svg
images should be rendered at a higher resolution? Were they before?
I've only noticed this now anyway.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but here is a screenshot I
just took that may be realted:
http://www.lunar-linux.org/~v3rt1g0/fuzzy.png

On the left is iBar, with the orange BMPx icon.  Presumably that same
icon is also what you see in iBox on the right.  You will see that the
iBox version is quite blurred while the iBar version is quite crisp.
Is this what you are experiencing Daniel?  I cannot explain why this
is happening.  Anyone else?

--
_
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <chad.kittel@gmail.com>