Re: [E-devel] Quality of svg icons in E17

> > Hi all.
> >
> > I can't be sure about this, but I *think* the quality of icons
> > based on svg images has dropped recently. If I make an application
>
> I can't really imagine why they would look much different, vs.
> scaling pngs, now from before. As raster mentions, it uses the same
> scaling path for both, and the initial size at which they're loaded
> hasn't changed either. Do they look exactly the same 'unscaled', vs.
> the way they did before?

	Actually I have to take that back, now that I think about it
a bit...
	Since we're now doing all our scaling and compositing in
premul color space, there will be a difference in the results for
images with alpha.. they will likely look a bit 'sharper' now, as
if higher-contrast.
	But why the pngs would now look 'better' than the svgs, when
scaled, is somewhat odd.. though certainly possible.
	There are several factors here that coud apply, but it's
still a bit odd that there would a noticeable difference in "quality"
between the two.

   jose.