Re: [E-devel] Quality of svg icons in E17

> > Hi all.
> >
> > I can't be sure about this, but I *think* the quality of icons
> > based on svg images has dropped recently. If I make an application
> > icon based on a png file, when I put it in the bar and point at it
> > ( with the darkness theme, that zooms icons when you point at the
> > ), it scales up quite well - ie looks very smooth. But if I do the
> > same thing with an svg image, it looks fine in it's default state,
> > but when I point at it and it scales up, it gets a little hairy.
> > Perhaps svg images should be rendered at a higher resolution?
> > Were they before? I've only noticed this now anyway.
>
> if the icon is a scalable format e_icon asks for the loader to pre-
> render it at 64x64. this hasn't changed since svg support popped in.
> so the icons u see on screen will be rendered up or down from 64x64
> pixels. it can be made bigger but then u pay a cost in extra ram
> usage. (64x64 will use up 16kb. 128x128 will use 64kb - PER ICON).
> no there isn't a config setting for this (currently). note that svg
> images are simply rendered to a bitmap on load - so after that they
> are like any other bitmap image file.
>
> so basically - no - they were not rendered at a higher res (after i
> added evas load options which was now a month ago or so). unless u
> have screenshots to demonstrate something....  :)

	I can't really imagine why they would look much different, vs.
scaling pngs, now from before. As raster mentions, it uses the same
scaling path for both, and the initial size at which they're loaded
hasn't changed either. Do they look exactly the same 'unscaled', vs.
the way they did before?
	Anyway... sure, an option to set the initial size of the svg
icon on load would be something worth considering later.

> > On the other hand, I have noticed a significant increase in
> > rendering quality in other areas - both of the animated backgrounds
> > I'm working on are rendering a lot cleaner now  :)

	Ummm... "rendering a lot cleaner" as in .... ????

   jose.