Re: [E-devel] E17 needs...?

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 04:43:08 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com> babbled:

> > > You should use it for more than a few minutes before complaining.
> >
> > aye.
> >
> 	Naye. First impressions are of the utmost importance,
> that's why I deliberately did it that way.
>
> 	No "complaints", just observations. I know it's hard to
> accept 'criticisms', and especially when it may even be incorrect,
> but that 'first-impression' is what most will get and what can
> decide further use.. Hence my decision to write this - knowing
> well that e17 isn't finished.
> 	I can use it for hours/days/... and get a different idea,
> and I can look thru the src code and get yet another viewpoint..
> But neither will equal that 'first-impression' viewpoint.

the fallacy is that you have first impressions of something totally incomplete.

"this house is crap - the back half has no roof and the rain comes through, no
lights in most rooms, and there is no carpet anywhere!". yes. welcome to a
construction zone :) you have to take the time to look at whats there and
imagine what it will be like when complete. obvious omissions are that because
we probably just are not there yet.

> > reason: because we aren't done  :)
>
> 	Sure. But that still leaves it open to 'constructive
> criticism', 'first-impressions', etc... and to clarifying where's
> it at, where it's going, and where it'd like to be... someplace
> outside of a TODO file in the src code. It is after all, both a
> 'themer' and an 'end-user' interface. :)

and the overhead of maintaining continually changing docs in multiple places on
top of what we currently do? hooray!