[E-devel] Very strange startup problem

Hi all.

I've just put another new Linux box together, and I've found the
following strange startup bug.

I've created a .desktop file for 'gnome-settings-daemon' to give gtk+
apps a decent appearance. I then add this to the startup folder. When
I start E, the startup animation displays, but without some detail (
without a background layer - just the E logo, which is animated ).
When the animation finished, I'm left with a blank screen. E is
running, but not rendering - or at least if it is, I can't see it,
because the startup animation hasn't gotten out of the way.

If I remove gnome-settings-daemon from my startup folder, OR if I
disable the startup animation, E starts correctly. Also, things work
fine if I wait until after E's started to load up
gnome-settings-daemon ( which is otherwise working correctly ). If I
drop to a console and hit CTRL and C to kill X, Enlightenment keeps
running ( and takes up all CPU ).

All E dependancies were built last night, and again this morning (
just to check ). I've also rebuilt gnome's control panel package (
which has gnome-settings-daemon ).

Dan