Re: [E-devel] E17 needs...

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:57:37 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:

> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 02:49:58 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
> wrote:
>

> > 	I hadn't run e17 for a few months, and just recently
> > updated it and did so.. Many new good things here - imagine
> > how much could be done if the work done over the last couple
> > of months could continue!  :)
> >
> > 	I have some personal criticisms and requests though,
> > just based on first impressions of a few minutes of use... :)
>
> You should use it for more than a few minutes before complaining.

aye.

> > 	1. People want 'icons' on the desktop. Why can't I have
> > icons on the desktop... Must have icons-on-the-desktop... etc.
> > Why can't e17 do that?
>
> On the TODO.

aye. on the TODO. why do u think i did all that e_fm work? fm2? its just for
that purpose. right now it only have a fully functional list mode and... its
what is behind the file selector and lists of themes, wallpapers etc. it
handles all that. the idea is to get it right within limited contexts then
expand its functionality until i do an icon view mode and then finally one
flexible enough to whack onto the desktop. its already underway and on the todo.

> > 	3. People want to edit menu/menu-items, drag/drop to and fro
> > menus, etc... Why can't e17 do that?
>
> Last I checked you can drag from menus to ibar and other places.  raster
> recently wrote some more DND stuff that I haven't checked out yet.

yup. recently added dnd to fm2. e17 isnt finished. thts why we havent released
it.

> > 	4. Config dialog thing opens multiple versions of any of
> > its sub-dialogs, it shouldn't do that. Also, why can't e17 put a
> > 'link' on the panel/shelf thing, or on a menu, or on the desktop..
> > to any one of these sub-dialogs?
>
> Good point.

reason: because we aren't done :)

> > 	5. Menus all look the same -- I want a silly golden-image
> > bar-like thing that says "Enlighten..." on the left side of the
> > main menu, and _only_ on that menu. Why can't e17 do that?
>
> You want the start module?

he wants a windows style main menu with "windows xp" as a big vertical banner
down the side of just that main menu. i.e. he wants menu styles. not hard to
add - just see no point in doing it at the moment with a lot of other things
yet to do :)