Re: [E-devel] E17 needs...

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 02:49:58 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com>
wrote:

> 	I hadn't run e17 for a few months, and just recently
> updated it and did so.. Many new good things here - imagine
> how much could be done if the work done over the last couple
> of months could continue!  :)
>
> 	I have some personal criticisms and requests though,
> just based on first impressions of a few minutes of use... :)

You should use it for more than a few minutes before complaining.

> 	1. People want 'icons' on the desktop. Why can't I have
> icons on the desktop... Must have icons-on-the-desktop... etc.
> Why can't e17 do that?

On the TODO.

> 	3. People want to edit menu/menu-items, drag/drop to and fro
> menus, etc... Why can't e17 do that?

Last I checked you can drag from menus to ibar and other places.  raster
recently wrote some more DND stuff that I haven't checked out yet.

> 	4. Config dialog thing opens multiple versions of any of
> its sub-dialogs, it shouldn't do that. Also, why can't e17 put a
> 'link' on the panel/shelf thing, or on a menu, or on the desktop..
> to any one of these sub-dialogs?

Good point.

> 	5. Menus all look the same -- I want a silly golden-image
> bar-like thing that says "Enlighten..." on the left side of the
> main menu, and _only_ on that menu. Why can't e17 do that?

You want the start module?

> 	I am offering a bounty of *one can of sardines* to whoever
> first 'fixes' any/each of these things :)

You can donate my can to charity.  Don't like sardines much.  B-)