Re: [E-devel] Enity porting problem

On 10/5/06, Stanislav Sedov <stas@freebsd.org> wrote:
Hi!

I have a problem porting Enity application to FreeBSD that I'm
currently can't resolve. In function _en_list_cb of src/bin/enity.c
it's assumed, that va_list is just an array of parameters, which is
not the case for all platforms (e.g. on FreeBSD amd64 va_list is just
__bultin_va_list), and thus compilation fails. That is we should not
do any assumptions about va_list structure as it can vary across
platforms.

That is correct. The assumption I made in the code does break Enity.
It works on Linux/FreeBSD for x86 (i386), but other platforms are not
guaranteed.

Personally, i have no any idea currently how it can be resolved. Maybe
someone on this list or the author can come up with some solutions?

PS: one of possible solutions is to implement a kind of
etk_tree_append_array function that will take it's arguments from
array/linked list instead of varargs.

Yes, that would be one way to do it, but at the time, I did not
implement such a function for Etk's tree, and it is not very trivial
(iirc). I am a bit busy right now and have no time to investigate the
matter any further. Feel free to give it a try though and let us know
what you come up with (=

Best Regards,
hisham

--