Re: [E-devel] imlib2 1.3.0 broken?

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:33:17 +0200 Kim Woelders <kim@woelders.dk> babbled:

> Mathias Homann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when i build qcomicbook against imlib2 1.2.x it works just fine; when
> > i build against 1.3.0 i get the following error messages when running
> > it:
> > ***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
> >         This program is calling the Imlib call:
> >         imlib_image_get_height();
> >         With the parameter:
> >         image
> >         being NULL. Please fix your program.
> >

> > but imlib_image_get_height is defined as
> > int imlib_image_get_height(void) ???
> >
> > and the code in question properly sets imlib_context_set_image before
> > calling imlib_image_get_height() or imlib_image_get_width(), and in
> > fact it works with 1.2.1 even if the binary was built against 1.3.0.
> > So, where do I fix this?
> >
> I just built qcomicbook-0.3.3 with imlib2-1.3.0. Seems to work fine.
> Any chance your imlib2-1.3.0 installation is incomplete/broken?

yup- eg. you load an image and the load FAILS (returns NULL) because the loader
for the image format u are trying to load didn't build due to missing headers
etc. etc. for things like libtiff/libpng/libjpeg etc.? so it's more a matter of
lack of checking in the code using imlib2 (checking if the load failed and
complaining appropriately)