Re: [E-devel] NetworkManager in E17

Thanks for all the replies, but to be honest I prefer something more
GUI and straightforward. I do not believe that I should torture myself
just to obtain a network connection. ;)    I move around frequently in
my new job and need to see all the wireless network around.

So Carl gave the correct solution:

1. load networkmanager at boot time through chkconfig
2. load nm-applet
3. load trayer
4. Click on the icon in the tray and we're all set

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

------------
Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier  Casse
Research Scientist

Electronic Materials Research Institute,
Northeastern University,
435 Egan Research Center,
Boston MA, 02115.

On 9/27/06, Carl Bolduc <drcurl@gmail.com> wrote:

On 9/26/06, Didier Casse <didier.casse@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is that this NetworkManager appears in the form of a tray
> icon and is  compatible w/ the GNOME tray, so I can't see it in E17.
>
> Now even the 3rd party tray "trayer-1.0"  doesn't display the icon.

Hi, you have to start the network-manager applet, which is nm-applet I
beleive. Then it will appear inside trayer. Same thing for
gnome-power-manager.

carl