Re: [E-devel] entrance is now bloated.

Morten Nilsen wrote:
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:58:36 +0100 Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com>
babbled:
all fixed now.
actually not all fixed. 1 entrance process floating around. there's no need for
it to hang about like a bad smell. :) i am pretty damn sure that when i fixed
it before entrance spawned off the user's login session then REPLACED itself
with entrance_login so it became small and unobtrusive. there were not 2
entrances and entrance became entrance_login :) i'm pretty damn sure that's how
it was... :)

I think this was a result of the whole yahoo about shells a bit back..
The one that ended with entrance executing the chosen environment
directly, and not run it by /bin/sh or /bin/bash

Personally, the ~9MB out of 2GB the entrance process is hogging is
negligible, but still wasted RAM..

My biggest problem is having to execute xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap by hand all
the time. I didn't have to do that a few weeks back.

this should be executed by the session right? hmm... i'm looking to solve this too, I'll need you help testing it :)