Re: [E-devel] entrance is now bloated.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 01:58:33 +0200
Morten Nilsen <morten@nilsen.com> wrote:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:58:36 +0100 Essien Ita Essien <essien@wazobialinux.com>
> > babbled:
> >> all fixed now.
> >
> > actually not all fixed. 1 entrance process floating around. there's no need for
> > it to hang about like a bad smell. :) i am pretty damn sure that when i fixed
> > it before entrance spawned off the user's login session then REPLACED itself
> > with entrance_login so it became small and unobtrusive. there were not 2
> > entrances and entrance became entrance_login :) i'm pretty damn sure that's how
> > it was... :)
>
> I think this was a result of the whole yahoo about shells a bit back..
> The one that ended with entrance executing the chosen environment
> directly, and not run it by /bin/sh or /bin/bash
That was my patch.

I apologize, for not seeing this. I really suck. I tried to do a lot more then was initially required. Someone should probably bash me for changing code I don't understand and they'd have a point. You should probably revert the entire thing.

The mess it created is a lot worse then the (small) benefit it created.
Sorry.

You might want to keep that strtok() parsing when starting the X server but I don't know really.

Eugen.