Re: [E-devel] Music player API?

Am Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:18:10 -0400 schrieb Stephen Houston:

> Emotion can play audio files obviously.. but it will treat it like a
> video.. (xine-lib side will at least), which makes things heavier
> than you need to play audio. So the short solution is to use another
> lib. The long solution is to add support to emotion for playing just
> audio. The gstreamer side of Emotion might do this, but I am not sure.

Which library would you suggest for playing ogg and mp3 files? Perhaps
something that fits well into E17 libs.

So is it unpossible to use current Emotion to play a music file without
opening a video window?

In the first step I plan only audio playback in my application. But
later I need also video playback. Because of this a dependency to xine
or gstreamer isn't a problem.

regards
Andreas