Re: [E-devel] Continuing the website saga

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:47:14 -0700 Ben Rockwood <benr@cuddletech.com> babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:58:14 -0400 Michael Jennings <e-devel@kainx.org>
> > babbled:

> >> TikiWiki is one I use for a couple sites.  It has wiki, forums, a FAQ
> >> engine, a good authorization/permissions engine, and lots of other
> >> features, many of which we'd never use, which can be turned off one by
> >> one.  Check out tikiwiki.org for more info; my two sites are
> >> wiki.caosity.org and www.linuxvilleusa.com (pretty stale, but better
> >> than E.org).  ;-)
> >>

> > ok - something that covers 2 or our 3 major needs (web pages + docs, forums,
> > bug tracker)
> >

> I hate to beat the old horse but I haven't asked in a while... how are
> you feeling about SVN/Trac these days?

well there isn't any plan to change to svn currently. i have used trac - as far
as running all of e.org off it - very much not a favorable thing. trac's wiki
formatting is pretty primitive. you can't do a lot of useful things (like have
text wrap around an inlined image). also in the past i have seen it bring boxes
to their knees... :(