Re: [E-devel] Continuing the website saga

On Thursday, 21 September 2006, at 03:37:11 (+0200),
Cristalle Azundris Sabon wrote:

> I'm not convinced that's the case, really, but if it were, wouldn't
> that be his prerogative?  This is volunteer work, presumably done
> for fun, and that's that.

Agreed 100%.  Ben is certainly entitled to his opinion, whatever that
may be.  But the "my way or the highway" philosophy is by definition
incompatible with the "cooperative effort" paradigm raster wants to
establish for the web site, which is what prompted my comment.

> It seems strange to me to on one hand have completely asinine shite
> (27 media players, anyone?) because people start applying e's NIH to
> individual subprojects, but when someone applies an allegedly
> similar stance to a website, it's suddenly this major insult?

You'll find my attitude regarding all of the above to be both
consistent and not entirely unlike your own.  :-)

Michael

 "But when two people are at one in their inmost hearts, they shatter
  even the strength of iron or of bronze."              -- The I Ching