Re: [E-devel] New Langauge Configuration Dialog

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:10:35 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:45:55 +0800 Stafford Horne <shorne@softhome.net> babbled:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote a simple Language/Locale configuration dialog. I haven't been able to
> > log on to Freenode for a few weeks for some reason.
>
> the great firesplooge of china?

Yeah, I guess so. I can't get on at work either.

> > Please let me know if you guys like it or not, I can submit it.
> >
> > I don't think its very good, but I just thought I would put something
> > together.
> >
> > Check it out at:
> > http://blog.shorne-pla.net/
> > and
> > http://blog.shorne-pla.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/language-selector.png
>
> hmm- a good start. i would still have an advanced vs basic mode there. basic
> would only have a language selection and that's it (assume en_us for example or
> es_AR etc.) then an advanced that lets u chose country-specific locales and an
> encoding. what is the 4th pane for?
>
> it'd be nice to tie in the imc stuff to this too! :) (little country flags
> might be nice too! :))

Right, I have titled it I18n configuration. Because I would like to add those other things
as well.  About the country flags, does anyone know of a good source for free flag icons? I can role those into the theme.  Or I could just use the FDO icon theme flags.  I know flags are defined in the Tango specification.

The forth panel is for the Modifier.  Although I am not sure at what good that actually does.