Re: [E-devel] Premultiply or not

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:38:20 GMT "jose_ogp@juno.com" <jose_ogp@juno.com> babbled:

> > >	Anyway... I think it might be best to let the edc format
> > > stay as it is (non-premul colors), and have edje do the
> > > conversion, not edje_cc. If desired, a later edje can have other
> > > types and/or versions of 'design-formats', like edc, and one can
> > > do whatever.. There are possibilities for things that are very
> > > interesting with premul colors, and having evas handle premul
> > > colors, as given, would allow for that.
> >
> > agreed - now i have had time to mull. break the color_set - make
> > it premul. we have anon-premul-import for convenience, and we
> > modify all the code we can 0 edje converts at runtime before
> > color_set when using config valued in the .edj.  ;)
>
> 	Ok, I'll try and finish things off over the weekend and
> see if I can send it over Mon or Tues.
>
> 	I'm not satisfied with the premul vs non-premul color_set
> issue either.. it sucks either way for one reason or other.

yup - but i think we need to bite the bullet. color_set needs to be premul as
thats the api-level colorspace. :( sucky eh? :(

> 	For the eet and edb image loaders.. evas will convert to
> premul from what they serve and leave eet/edb themselves alone --
> or do you want to change those as well?

for now - evas will convert. i will move them to be premul on-disk - later. i
will need to bump the version of them internally (add flags) so we will need
the "premul it for me" code anyway. :)