Re: [E-devel] evas premul changes

   Jason writes:

> > 	Much ado about gradients, but hopefully all this will make
> > it easier to work with grads in current edje and otherwise.
>
> Forgive me for chiming in when I haven't read the full thread nor
> grokked the context, but does any of your work allow being able
> to set gradients as clipping objects?  The ability to clip a text
> object with a gradient to allow fading text out is something I've
> wanted to be able to do for a long time.  :)
>
> Cheers,
> Jason.

	The short anwser is no. Only rectangle objs work as clip
objs in evas at this time.
	The longer anwser is that yes, there is a way you can
do this right now - if you use a buffer evas for your text output.

	You would setup your buffer evas (make sure it's set to
have-alpha). Then add your text obj and add a suitable grad obj on
top of that -- AND set the grad obj's render-op to EVAS_RENDER_MUL.