Re: [E-devel] Continuing the website saga

On 12-Sep-06, at 11:37 PM, David Seikel wrote:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:38:27 -0400 dan sinclair <zero@perplexity.org>
wrote:

The FAQ will be XSM. If we want to hook up for the user to download
the faq to their system we can grab the .xml file XSM generates and
post process if needed

We have two XML parsers in CVS, maybe we can make use of one of them?
I don't know much about exml, but I wrote xmlame, and it is just a
really basic parser that is good enough for FDO menu files.  It might
be good enough for the XSM .xml files.

I don't think there is any reason for this to be done in C. It would be better handled by a simple scripting language I'd think. But, the implementation is unimportant at this point.

1- User forums. The easiest is to grab something previously created
and use that. There are two issues.
  a) do we want to migrate data from edevelop, if so, how.

If we do migrate, the easiest thing we can do is to use the same forum
software.

Unless there is a really good reason to switch. Blake, comments on the current forum software?

I just thought of another feature we may want on the site. Autobuild
information. Every 10 min or something rebuild everything, put up
page with build errors, build warnings, etc. Possibly just a php
script in XSM or tinderbox?

I do rebuild almost everything in cvs on a regular basis.  Starting
from make clean distclean through to final install takes almost an hour
on an Athlon 3000+ with fast hard drives and plenty of ram.

We'll have to work out the logistics, but possibly not doing make clean before hand will speed things up as we just rebuild whats changed. Else, we rebuild every 2 hrs or something.

dan