Re: [E-devel] Continuing the website saga

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:38:27 -0400 dan sinclair <zero@perplexity.org>
wrote:

> The FAQ will be XSM. If we want to hook up for the user to download
> the faq to their system we can grab the .xml file XSM generates and
> post process if needed

We have two XML parsers in CVS, maybe we can make use of one of them?
I don't know much about exml, but I wrote xmlame, and it is just a
really basic parser that is good enough for FDO menu files.  It might
be good enough for the XSM .xml files.

> 1- User forums. The easiest is to grab something previously created
> and use that. There are two issues.
>   a) do we want to migrate data from edevelop, if so, how.

If we do migrate, the easiest thing we can do is to use the same forum
software.

> I just thought of another feature we may want on the site. Autobuild
> information. Every 10 min or something rebuild everything, put up
> page with build errors, build warnings, etc. Possibly just a php
> script in XSM or tinderbox?

I do rebuild almost everything in cvs on a regular basis.  Starting
from make clean distclean through to final install takes almost an hour
on an Athlon 3000+ with fast hard drives and plenty of ram.