dan sinclair wrote:
Andrew Williams wrote:
dan sinclair wrote:
Andrew Williams wrote:
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
This would be a feature I would like to add (as an option ;) )
5. forums of edevelop - how would we get xsm to handle that with minimum pain
(don't say we need to write our own forum engine!)

The easiest is to use any forum you want, theme it the same and then
link it from the site menu (nav external links even higher on TODO). The
thing with forums is that folk will likely want anon access, which is
what I have not yet solved. If not then it is simply a case of defining
a forum document definition.

But doesn't this also imply that the forum will have a different set of users as the main site? So anyone that creates an account to edit the news page will need to create a second account to write in the forums?

dan

Unless we tie them all to the same authentication system, yes. Thus a
quick but not optimal setup.

Can XSM integrate with things like LDAP or other authentication schemes? Or, would it be hard to add? Or, another way, what are the available authentication mechanisms available in XSM as that would need to be considered when looking for the forum and bug software.

dan

LDAP is definaltely planned, as all the other rectang.com services use
it - but there is no implementation for external authetication yet, sorry :(

Of course it may be possible to go the other way and write a small
wrapper on a forum that looks in the user data area and compares hashes
of passwords... ;)