Re: [E-devel] Website Heated Discussions

This is indeed a possibility, but there are 2 considerations.
1) This breaks concurrency and could lead to lost changes
2) If someone makes some bad mistakes the XML could be corrupted and then feasibly the CMS could read it in, fail, and write back an empty page (if someone tries to edit it) (due to same concurrency rules breakage)

badness I think.

Chady Kassouf wrote:

On 9/12/06, *Andrew Williams* <andy@handyande.co.uk <mailto:andy@handyande.co.uk>> wrote:

    On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:45 -0500, brian.mattern@gmail.com
    <mailto:brian.mattern@gmail.com> wrote:
    [snip]

    > How does XSM store the page content internally? It seems like many
    > people dislike editing files in a text box. Is there any way it
    could
    > use files on the fs? Then just have a cmd line script to compile the
    > site?

    It is stored in XML files, so it can be edited but you need to
    remember
    the encoding issues for HTML content.

Can't these XML files be in CVS?
so people can use whatever tool they like to edit them, and then check them in, and a script similar to the commits email script can recompile the site on commits.

This is one way to keep most people happy, since it lets them use whatever they like to edit contents. ( I don't know about adding contents though )

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf
http://chady.net/