Re: [E-devel] Website Heated Discussions

On 9/12/06, Andrew Williams <andy@handyande.co.uk> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 16:45 -0500, brian.mattern@gmail.com wrote:
[snip]

> How does XSM store the page content internally? It seems like many
> people dislike editing files in a text box. Is there any way it could
> use files on the fs? Then just have a cmd line script to compile the
> site?

It is stored in XML files, so it can be edited but you need to remember
the encoding issues for HTML content.

Can't these XML files be in CVS?
so people can use whatever tool they like to edit them, and then check them in, and a script similar to the commits email script can recompile the site on commits.

This is one way to keep most people happy, since it lets them use whatever they like to edit contents. ( I don't know about adding contents though )

--
Chady 'Leviathan' Kassouf
http://chady.net/