On Sep 11, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
<snip>

one issues i see in merging them - 2 use xsm (fine) 1. uses drupal (php cms). edevelop's forums just can't function without dynamic www - xsm itself can't really scale there. so do we rewrite forum code in php to serve from xsm? do we have a split-personality site (not very attractive maintenance and design-wise).

how do we merge the efforts into "1 cms" (take that loosely) - or is it ever
possible?

The forums on edevelop.org are a combination of Drupal and phpBB (the old forums were originally just phpBB). I hacked Drupal to make it feel similar because everyone moaned so much about the original Drupal style and design. phpBB is a security nightmare (or it was when I switched away from it).

I really hope the decision is not to create some frankenstein monstrosity by gluing together pieces of Drupal/XSM/Wiki and random bits of PHP. Just the thought of it gives me a headache.

-Blake