Re: [E-devel] xrender_x11 engine: identity transform workaround

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:55:28 +0200 Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman@code-monkey.de>
babbled:

> Hi,
> this is about the FIXME in evas_engine_xrender.c:493.
>
> If the depth of the surface is 1, we're passing a scaled variant of the
> identity matrix to the picture.
>
> All scaled variants of the identity should be treated the same in the
> render implementation, but apparently they aren't.

THE BASTARDS! :-P~ (thus the fixme) :)

> I just fixed xorg-server so that setting a scaled variant of the
> identity is a no-op, too. That means if you pass the identity to
> XRenderSetPictureTransform(), the function will just exit and not use
> any transform at all.

even if it set the identity - i would expect the xserver-side to go "ooh look-
identity transform! ... NOP!" :)

> This might expose a in the render implementation raster experienced the
> source-depth == 1 bug in.
>
> I'd like to remove the FIXME and that chunk of code, since it's
> officially pointless. Should we really work around stupid driver bugs?
> It also won't work in xorg 7.2+ :D

if this actually has a chance of being fixed in xorg soon - yes - remove...
ONCE that xorg is out and about with the fixes :) so... if it goes into xorg
git - then change the fixme to "added to xorg git some/date/2006 - expected in
release 7.x" and once we encounter that release in the wild - flip over... or
make it a #ifdef broken_xrender too :)