On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:37:24 +0200 Brian Miculcy <morlenxus@gmx.net> babbled:

> Ok, i can only speak for get-e.org xsm:
>
> The biggest problem was that people can only have access rights to a
> whole page, not only of a part if it. Check
> http://www0.get-e.org/Themes/E17/, if we give theme contributors access
> to that page, they can easily change the edje of other themes. As far as
> i know, this is a problem which can't be fixed for now. The theme
> contributors always had to wait until a maintainer uploaded their new
> version of a theme.
> I think this is a real limitation of xsm.

at last! someone is mentioning something that we need to address. xsm
permissions model. maybe the page just needs to be split up into 3 pages?

but xsm's permissions model is a little painful - if you want to give a new
"site maintainer" access - you have to go to every page, 1 by 1, and add them
in. it's unmanageable that way (last time i did it for onefang it took me ages).

also remember - we likely want to be more permissive than restrictive.