On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:03:47 +0100 Andrew Williams <andy@handyande.co.uk>
babbled:

> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 15:39 -0400, Michael Jennings wrote:
> > For me personally, what stops me from messing with E.org is Rectang.
> > Not XSM, necessarily...just the fact that I'm having to go through a
> > company's "portal server" to edit independent project content on a
> > separate server.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> This is simply because there was nowhere else to host it at the time.
> When E gets it's own box XSM could be hosted there and edit locally
> which solves this issue and also the problems that folk have with the
> update time (sf.net upload is very very slow).
>
> > (I also object to the coup-like fashion in which it
> > appeared, but that's ancient history.)
>
> Not quite sure what you mean here... Raster approved the system as it
> solved the problems we are having at the time.
> In my opinion I think that this would be wise again - I am fed up of the
> CVS vs CMS vs WIKI debate *again*. It should simply be decided what the
> current system does not do properly and locate a solution that fixes
> that (without breaking things that XSM already solved).

agreed (though since it's java it will be a royal PITA to get to work). but now
i am postulating "lets say performance improved... what else left is a
barrier?" so we can look at it and address it.

eg - automatic self-service account creation
eg - much better editing facilities (r - irc - tinymce issues vs. text editing
www widget)