On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:04:22 -0400 Michael Jennings <e-devel@kainx.org> babbled:

> On Monday, 11 September 2006, at 15:49:22 (+0300),
> Eugen Minciu wrote:
>
> > There's www.enlightenment.org and www.e-develop.org and
> > www.get-e.org. This really seems like a far stretch to me, imho
> > there should be just one www.enlightenment.org
>
> edevelop.org is geared toward developers, not users.  I agree that
> there should not be a get-e.org, but there is.  It's far more
> political than practical (as to why it exists), but the bottom line is
> this:  Those who contribute to get-e refuse to contribute to
> enlightenment.org, and that's their choice.
>
> > This CMS you guys are using is ... not so good (to put it
> > lightly). Generally, one probably doesn't need a CMS but you do need
> > some sort of way to edit content quickly.
>
> It does have the advantage of serving static pages.  I couldn't name
> any other advantages, though.  Then again, no one has seen fit to
> provide me (or a number of other developers, from what I gather) with
> an account, so...

All you have to do is ask... :)

but i think this may be an issue - xsm provides to "automatic account
creation" (much like wiki's etc.) where you just register, provide an email, it
mails back confirmation etc. etc. to make sure it's a "real person", or even
has an account approval queue - either way - it's a barrier of entry.