On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 15:39 -0400, Michael Jennings wrote:
> For me personally, what stops me from messing with E.org is Rectang.
> Not XSM, necessarily...just the fact that I'm having to go through a
> company's "portal server" to edit independent project content on a
> separate server.
>
> Michael

This is simply because there was nowhere else to host it at the time.
When E gets it's own box XSM could be hosted there and edit locally
which solves this issue and also the problems that folk have with the
update time (sf.net upload is very very slow).

> (I also object to the coup-like fashion in which it
> appeared, but that's ancient history.)

Not quite sure what you mean here... Raster approved the system as it
solved the problems we are having at the time.
In my opinion I think that this would be wise again - I am fed up of the
CVS vs CMS vs WIKI debate *again*. It should simply be decided what the
current system does not do properly and locate a solution that fixes
that (without breaking things that XSM already solved).

Andy