On Monday, 11 September 2006, at 15:27:11 (-0400),
Christopher Michael wrote:

> KX, ahh I see. I was unaware of the reasons that get-e started, but
> all that aside, Perhaps I should have rephrased my statement then:
>
> "It's not that I refuse to contribute" :)

As one of the few people actually writing docs these days, your
opinion is of particular importance to me (and, IMHO, to this
discussion).

So why, other than the maintainer issue, haven't your docs been
contributed to E.org?  Is the maintainer issue the only one?

For me personally, what stops me from messing with E.org is Rectang.
Not XSM, necessarily...just the fact that I'm having to go through a
company's "portal server" to edit independent project content on a
separate server.  (I also object to the coup-like fashion in which it
appeared, but that's ancient history.)

Michael

 "A lot of times, men do things they don't want to do so the woman
  they're going out with will do things *they* don't want to do."
                                                          -- Tim Allen