On Monday, 11 September 2006, at 11:04:13 (-0700),
Blake Barnett wrote:

> I don't think it's even worth discussing going back to the old
> CVS/HTML setup.  The point is to encourage _casual_ contribution,
> not to make it hard, which it seems like that's all we've done so
> far.

CVS has several advantages:
 - Account management is only in one spot (CVS write access)
 - Ben R. will use it (who singlehandedly did more site updates in the
   average month than XSM has seen in its entire lifespan on E.org)
 - Still serves static pages
 - Site could auto-update periodically from CVS
 - Developers are comfortable with the process
 - No more CMS wars (!!)
 - Gobs and gobs of tools exist to work with CVS in any number of ways
 - Translates easily to any SCM system
 - Revision control for web content with the same features as code!

And let's face it:  Getting write access to CVS is easier now than
it's EVER been.  Assuming the person granting you access doesn't screw
up, of course...  :-)

Michael

 "Can you stay for awhile?  Try to imagine this.  Could you be for
  awhile?  I can't remember it.  Could you fall for awhile?  'Cause
  I can't escape from this." -- Jars of Clay, "Portrait of an Apology"