On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 08:23:34AM -0500, Alberto Castro wrote:
> Eugen Minciu wrote:
>
> > > There's www.enlightenment.org and www.e-develop.org and www.get-e.org. This really seems like a far stretch to me, imho there should be just one www.enlightenment.org
> > >

> I always thought proper to way to do this was to have
> http://get.enlightenment.org and http://develop.enlightenment.org thus
> using sub-domains rather than having 3 different entities.

I like this idea. Personally, I was never clear on where either of the
two 'other' domains came from. They just popped up and started serving
content. I'm assuming two different sets of people were frustrated with
the limitations of hosting e.org on sf.net and independently went about
rectifying things. (I'm not saying theres anything wrong with that :) )

As far as nomenclature, edevelop.org has aggregated developer blogs and user
forums.

get-e.org has user documentation and themes/icons/etc.

So, you can't actually get e on get-e (of course this will probably
change once its released...) and little development goes on on
e-develop. :)

Just some observations. (None of this is meant as criticism, both sites
fullfill needed roles at the moment).

rephorm.