Re: [E-devel] E CVS: libs/imlib2 kwo

On Sep 7, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Michael Jennings wrote:

On Friday, 08 September 2006, at 00:13:17 (+0200),
Kim Woelders wrote:

Hehehe - You'll love it:

libX11-devel-1.0.3-2.fc6
libXScrnSaver-devel-1.1.0-3.1
libXTrap-devel-1.0.0-3.1
libXau-devel-1.0.1-3.1
libXaw-devel-1.0.2-8.1
libXcomposite-devel-0.3-5.1
libXcursor-devel-1.1.7-1.1
libXdamage-devel-1.0.3-2.1
libXdmcp-devel-1.0.1-2.1
libXevie-devel-1.0.1-3.1
libXext-devel-1.0.1-2.1

Shoot me.  Shoot me now.

Let's see if I can work "teh mej" into a froth.

The break up of Xorg is a really good thing. People can work on smaller parts of the code-base without worrying about the whole. Changes can (and apparently have been) happen faster. Yes... it's a packagers nightmare, but in a lot ways it's a huge step forward. It's the same on Debian. I do think a meta package "xorg-devel" or something similar in this case, that would depend on all those spaghetti packages would definitely be a good idea.

-Blake