Re: [E-devel] E CVS: libs/ecore shorne

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 02:54:33 +0200
Simon TRENY <simon.treny@free.fr> wrote:

> Any reason to do this actually? Ecore_FB is not dead/unmaintained,
> Jorge has recently worked on it, and it now works really well (thanks
> Jorge :)). If you have noticed any bug with it, please tell us :)

Simon,

We had a discussion about this earlier. It was both in the e-users and e-devel mailing lists under the subject:

[E-devel] Fw: [e-users] compiling ecore on a system running 2.4.x kernel

Essentially, The ecore_fb code does not build on some machines.  We have agreed (i believe jorge did as well) that the build system needs a bit more testing before its ready to work by default.  I have not had time to fix the build system at the time so we decided to disable it.  Once it gets fixed there will be no problem allowing it by default.

-Stafford

--
                        Stafford M. Horne
Senior Engineer                                 高级工程师

        (Website) http://shorne.homelinux.com/wordpress (网站)