Re: [E-devel] Using freedesktop.org .desktop files.

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:46:40 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:

> Given that svg files designed for fdo icon themes are likely to be
> simple things compared to all the fancy functionality that the svg spec
> allows, I'll be happy with a simple svg loader that I can request
> "render this file to size X by Y pixels".

and we have one now - it can do the job (rsvg) BUT - it does suck in a whole
barge-load of dependencies of its own. i would prefer one that simply renders
the svg to a memory blob without sucking in gdk, cairo, and thus x, and half of
gnome etc. :) (slight exaggerations - but you get the idea). but a svg renderer
is no trivial feat. for now the rsvg lib will have to do - but maybe at some
future point we will have a better svg loader we can use - and later maybe
enough vector support in evas to render itself on-the-fly.

btw - i found a very interesting vector renderer:

antigrain

(google for it)

it's quite fast - in fact one of its claims is being very fast. it's a massive c
++ behemoth, but it's quite impressive.