Re: [E-devel] Evas & Evoak future changes

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:34:48AM +0000, jose_ogp@juno.com wrote:
<snip>

> 	It's going to be just about impossible to do this any other
> way than with a separate CVS version to work with.

A branch should work, right?

> 	To me the main issue is not really a 'technical' one pre se,
> it's do people really want, and want to help with, such changes?

Right now, I think the response you're going to get from most of us is:
"Wait until e17 is out the door." Evas may have issues, but, our main
focus at this time is getting a long awaited product released and in the
wild.

However, this does mean that Evas will also be "in the wild", making
drastic API changes more painful on end users of the library. So, maybe
we should prioritize the changes (premul seems a higher up candidate).

I just don't think that we should take what little dev time we have and
suck it into overhauling evas (which, unfortunately, is 'good enough'
for our current purposes). Maybe we just need to clarify what changes
are planned when we release so that potential users of the lib will be
aware of them?

rephorm.