Re: [E-devel] Evas (evas_fb_test) crashing on 8bps framebuffers

Hi,

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 15:02, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > Any chance this can be fixed, e.g. FBIOGETCMAP  the palette and setup
> > the 8bit converter for it? As far as I can see the 8bit converter is
> > already there for the 8bps xlib case.
>
> unlikely as it's 1. not a priority, 2. not needed for us, 3. no one is
> paying us to do this (it's done for fun in spare time, so our priorities
> are our own).
>
> but... patches gladly accepted :)

Of course I did not expect anyone to fix it for me, I just wanted to know from
the Evas overguru if said steps would be needed to address this.

I noticed this because I'm right now working on the third user-space
boot screen (splash) project because usplash and splashy are just
crap all over.

I think some few lines of glue code with Evas doing the rendering would
be a awesome alternative. Maybe I come back in some days with some
real world code ,-)

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45