Re: [E-devel] Evas (evas_fb_test) crashing on 8bps framebuffers

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:27:14 +0200 Rene Rebe <rene@exactcode.de> babbled:

> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 12:55, Carsten Haitzler babbled:
> > On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:32:28 +0200 Rene Rebe <rene@exactcode.de> babbled:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > most framebuffer drivers (nvidia, radeon, ...) default to 8bps and all
> > > non-x86 machines such as PPC ones run this per default. However Evas
> > > (evas_fb_test) crashes on 8bps because no convert function is matched and
> > > crashes in
> > >
> > > evas_fb_outbuf_fb_get_height (buf=0x0) at evas_outbuf.c:365
> > >
> > > because the buffer is nil - which is returned by:
> > >
> > > evas_fb_outbuf_fb_setup_fb(w, h, rot, OUTBUF_DEPTH_INHERIT, vt, dev,
> > > refresh);
> > >
> > > which in turn calls:
> > >
> > > evas_common_convert_func_get (dest=0x0, w=1024, h=768, depth=8,
> > > rmask=255, gmask=255, bmask=255,
> > >     pal_mode=PAL_MODE_NONE, rotation=0) at evas_convert_main.c:15
> > >
> > > Maybe someone with more evas internals in mind can help fixing this
> > > up properly?
> >
> > there is no 8bpp support for fb in evas. that is why. there is no converter
> > for 8bpp when in the fb  (because there is no palette allocation code).
>
> Any chance this can be fixed, e.g. FBIOGETCMAP  the palette and setup
> the 8bit converter for it? As far as I can see the 8bit converter is already
> there for the 8bps xlib case.

unlikely as it's 1. not a priority, 2. not needed for us, 3. no one is paying
us to do this (it's done for fun in spare time, so our priorities are our own).

but... patches gladly accepted :)